The MFWire
Manage Email Alerts | Sponsorships | About MFWire | Who We Are

Subscribe to MFWire.com's News Alerts [click]

Rating:OpFunds' Global Cowboy Catches the WSJ's Eye Not Rated 0.0 Email Routing List Email & Route  Print Print
Thursday, June 07, 2018

OpFunds' Global Cowboy Catches the WSJ's Eye

News summary by MFWire's editors

It's a good day for Erik Schneberger and his team at OppenheimerFunds [profile].

This morning's edition of the Wall Street Journal highlights OpFunds' new digital advertising campaign, "Challenge Borders." The campaign is aimed specifically at financial advisors and tries to challenge investors' home market bias (i.e. preference for investing mostly domestically rather than internationally).

The online campaign will run online in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other business publications, as well as in the WSJ. One of the ads, called "Cowboy", features an Asian man wearing a cowboy hat in a wheat field next to a non-American pickup truck, and says "America is 24% of global GDP. Want to meet the other 76%?" The WSJ describes the ad as contradicting President Trumps' "America First" motto, though Schneberger says the ad is about reminding FAs about OpFunds' international investing expertise, not making "an over political statement" (in the WSJ's words).

Schneberger, head of marketing at the New York City-based mutual fund firm, chimed in for the article. So did Louis Sciullo, executive director at a branding agency, Landor

Edited by: Neil Anderson, Managing Editor

Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now

 Do You Recommend This Story?

Return to Top
 News Archives
2022: Q3Q2Q1
2021: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2020: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2019: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2018: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2017: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2016: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2015: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2014: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2013: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2012: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2011: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2010: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2009: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2008: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2007: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2006: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2005: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2004: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2003: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2002: Q4Q3Q2Q1
 Subscribe via RSS:
Add to My Yahoo!
follow us in feedly

©All rights reserved to InvestmentWires, Inc. 1997-2022
14 Wall Street | 20th Floor | New York, NY 10005 | P: 212-331-8968 | F: 212-331-8998
Privacy Policy :: Terms of Use