Capital Research's Jim Rothenberg
will be one of a trio of fund managers keynoting this year's Morningstar Investment Conference at the end of June. TCW Group CIO Jeffrey Gundlach, AllianceBernstein CIO Ranji Nagaswami will be joining the CEO of the advisor to the American Funds as headliners. BlackRock's Bob Doll and AllianceBernstein's Lew Sanders are other fund business leaders with speaking slots during the Chicago meeting.
Morningstar Announces Keynote Speakers, Agenda for 19th Annual Investment Conference
CHICAGO, May 8, 2007– Morningstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: MORN) will host its 19th annual investment conference for financial advisors Wednesday, June 27 through Friday, June 29, at a new venue, McCormick Place Convention Center, in Chicago. Last year, more than 1,400 industry leaders, financial advisors, and money managers attended the gathering.
This year’s keynote speakers include Jeffrey Gundlach, chief investment officer of TCW Group and Morningstar’s 2006 Fixed-Income Manager of the Year, who will share his expert outlook for the economy, the Federal Reserve, and the bond market. Ranji Nagaswami, senior managing director and chief investment officer for AllianceBernstein Investments, will discuss her firm’s latest investing insights. And Jim Rothenberg, chairman and principal executive officer of Capital Research and Management Company and vice chairman of The Growth Fund of America, will share insights from one of the world’s largest investment organizations.
Sessions at the conference include:
• Gus Sauter, The Vanguard Group, and Jeremy Siegel, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and WisdomTree Investments, will debate the most effective way to index;
• George Evans, OppenheimerFunds, Inc., Jean-Marie Eveillard, Arnhold and S. Bleichroeder Advisers, and David Herro, Harris Associates L.P., will discuss where they`re finding opportunities in foreign markets;
• Kevin Baum, OppenheimerFunds, Inc., John Dowd, Fidelity Investments, and Dan Rice, BlackRock Inc., will share their insights about investing in energy and commodities;
• Mason Hawkins, Southeastern Asset Management, Inc., Peter Langeman, Mutual Series, and John Rogers, Ariel Capital Management, LLC, will compare their value approaches and discuss where they`re finding stocks that offer a high margin of safety;
• Bob Doll, BlackRock Inc., Brian Posner, ClearBridge Advisors, and Lew Sanders, AllianceBernstein Investments, will share insights on the challenges and opportunities in the asset management industry;
• Ken Feinberg, Davis Advisors, David Katz, Matrix Asset Advisors, and Ron Canakaris, Montag and Caldwell, Inc., will address where they`re finding their best ideas in the large-cap space; and
• Keith Anderson, BlackRock Inc., Bob Rodriguez, First Pacific Advisors, Inc., and Steve Walsh, Western Asset Management Co., will share their knowledge on the fixed-income market.
“This year’s Morningstar Investment Conference offers financial advisors an especially diverse line-up of talent and topics, opportunities to meet industry leaders, network with peers, and see the latest investment products in our new space,” said Don Phillips, managing director for Morningstar. “There’s simply no other event that brings together this much investment insight.”
Morningstar will also host an Advisor User Forum, a two-day series of training sessions on June 27 and June 28 for financial advisors who use Morningstar’s software and Web products including Principia and Advisor Workstation. The forum offers advisors product training on research and analysis techniques to help expand their knowledge of asset allocation and portfolio construction. Joe Mansueto, Morningstar founder, chairman, and chief executive officer, and Tim Armour, managing director, will give the opening address. Stuart Lucas, chairman of Wealth Strategist Network, LLC, and author of Wealth: Grow It, Protect It, Spend It and Share It will conduct a special lunch-and-learn session on June 27.
Attendee Registration Information
The Morningstar Investment Conference costs $695 per person, which includes all sessions, keynote addresses, meals, and two receptions. The Advisor User Forum has a separate fee of $199 per person. To register for the conference, advisors may call toll free 866-839-9729.
More information about the Morningstar Investment Conference, including the full agenda, discounted airfares and hotel accommodations, exhibiting opportunities, attendee registration, and continuing-education credits, is available at: www.morningstaradvisor.com/2007conference. More information on the Advisor User Forum is available at: http://advisor.morningstar.com/2007userforum.
Media Registration Information
Full-time members of the news media may receive complimentary registration to the Morningstar Investment Conference. If you are a member of the media and you want to register for the conference, visit:
http://global.morningstar.com/media registration or call Tory Neff at 312-696-6050.
About Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in the United States and in major international markets. The company offers an extensive line of Internet, software, and print-based products and services for individuals, financial advisors, and institutional clients. Morningstar provides data on more than 200,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles. The company has operations in 16 countries and minority ownership positions in companies based in three other countries.
Sean Hanna, Editor in Chief
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now